Developing a push system for pumping high viscous material used in 3D Food Printing of plant-based seafood.
Early Adopters and Innovators, listen up! Do you want to work for a better world and cleaner oceans? Do you also think we need a better way to produce food for future generation? Work on something that has a huge impact (and is awesome) with REVO FOODS (www.revo-foods.com)!
We at Revo Foods believe in a world where we can produce fish and meat without polluting the environment or exploiting animals. How we do it? By using 3D/4D Food Printing of plant-based meats. With this technology, we produce the “fish of tomorrow”, without overfishing or bycatch of whales and dolphins.
We offer interested interns and students a master thesis project on Hardware development from September 2021 (4-6 months, depending on interest) in Vienna, Austria. Epecially cool for people that want to learn more about the work in an innovative environmentfriendly startup and get hands-on experience in the alternative protein industry and relevant production systems. With our young team, you can both learn a lot, but also have fun and enjoy some great office party and other activities (BBQ, watch movies together, trips to nature areas around Vienna…).
Possible topics include:
- Investigating about the available pumping systems used in the food industry
- Concepting a pumping system for a givin specific viscous material
- Designing a structure for implemetation of the said system in the whole 3D-printing production facility considering the other sub-systems
- Prototyping and testing of the pumping system
- Testing and investigating the Test results and providing optimization solutions
- Eventuall project planing for realizing the researched system in an industrial scale
- An extensive research in field of food industry and its subsystems
- Analysing different food production systems and their functionality
- Experimenting Food Analysis Methods such as Texture Analyzer, Rheometer, Color Measurement, Density Measurement in cooperation with food technologist in form of a team work
- Prototyping the designed pumping system with our technicians
- Testing the functionality and proficiency of the implemented mock-up
- Providing optimization solutions
Education and experience
We are looking for a student from technical field with a passion possibly for mechatronic systems, IoT, 3D-printing, mechanical engineering who wants to use his knowledge to be integrated with food science technology in order to develop amazing new 3D/4D printing production facilities. The student should have knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Studying in one of the following fields: mechatronic, system engineering, mechanical engineering, atomization science, or other relevant fields
- Basic knowledge of 3D printing
- Basic knowledge of programming
- Basic knowledge of electrotechnics
- Good knowledge of mechanic and thermodynamic
- 3D designing knowledge is favored but not necessarily
It should be mentioned that within the internship time, you will be accompanied by our technicians and food technologist for realizing your project. Thus, those who find this internship interesting but are not sure whether they can combine their previous knowledge in the 3D food production industry, should not be worried about it. You will have our support!
The internship company
Revo Foods is a company based in Vienna, Austria, that develops plant-based seafood with 3D food printing. Established in 2020, the company has now 15 employees and plans to enter the market at the end of 2021.